Kirby Cove Tent Campground, SF nord. Bayside
San Francisco, Golden Gate Bridge, Pacific Coast of California. Temperatures are mild year around. Expect lows from 50-55 degrees and highs from 60-65. Fog is prevalent in the summer months from May-Sept. It is best to bring clothing that can be layered. Light Weight summer clothes are rarely comfortable to wear at Kirby cove. Foghorns on the Golden Gate Bridge can be heard loud and clear from Kirby Cove. Best to bring earplugs if you are staying overnight No more than 15 additional guests may visit campers during the day between 6 AM - 10 PM. Mile long dirt access road to camping area is steep, narrow and winding. The road is not wide enough to accommodate large vehicles or RVs. Walk-in tent site only. Sleeping in vehicles is prohibited.
Services & Amenities:
· Bbq Grills· Beach· Fire Rings· Grills · Parking· Picnic Tables· Tent Area· Toilet, Pit/Vault
Alerts and Important Information
· Collecting downed wood is prohibited.
· Bring own firewood. Fires allowed in fire rings only, no beach fires allowed.
· The park will mail a gate combination and car passes to you within a month after your reservation is made. To access Kirby Cove you must unlock the entrance gate using the combination.
· Walk in tent sites only. No RV's or trailers allowed.
· Earplugs are advised due to the foghorns at the Golden Gate Bridge.
· No pets allowed.
· Food storage is required. Lockers are provided.
· Car passes must be displayed.
Kirby Cove Campground
Fort Barry Building 948
Sausalito CA 94965
From 101 North or South, take Alexander Ave/Sausalito exit. Turn left at the stop sign. Turn right up the steep hill named Conzelman Road, just before the entrance to the golden gate bridge. The Kirby Cove campground entrance will be on the left a short distance up the road. Look for the 3 poles at the end of a gravel pull-out and a locked white service gate.